Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday Stroll

I thought I'd take some photos of my walk with two of my doggies today. :) Patch and Angel and I set out like we always do on our 2 mile walk. They were very ready to walk
as you can tell in the pic they were bugging me to get up and get going! So we were off! We walked the long road by the big open field and they sniffed every stinking bush and plant and tree they could see.
 It was nice outside, the sun setting slowly ahead of us as we walked along. We walked by the ditch we see every day, and they stopped to poke around for a bit before we continued on our way. We walked up the road and came to the first four way stop where three other dogs were being walked by their owners too.
One was barking and carrying on, the other just stared and walked on like Patch and Angel did. Then of course they had to sniff everything around them since so many dogs were there. So we continued on our way and down the LONG stretch of road through the first part of our neighborhood. We live in the last and newest section of our neighborhood. Had a close call with a snippy little chihuahua that got out of their owners grasp, *eye roll- told ya. damn rat dogs* and came charging towards us. She [the owner] was downright terrified of her dog coming anywhere
near my dogs. I would have found her reaction hilarious if it wasn't for the fact that moronic dog owners that don't leash their dogs piss me off so badly. The Chihuahua terrorist pissed on a clump of leaves and grass and then ran off yipping over his shoulder, so of course as we passed by Angel and Patch had to 'check it out'. :D We finally got to the 'turn around street' that we walk down before turning back towards our house.

 Of course we spotted a cat. Angel and Patch's ears perked up and I saw the cute little thing- back hunched and hiding under a big truck in someones driveway. Poor 'kitteh'. Sweet little thing. He/She didn't look much older than maybe 4-5 months old. I could tell Angel wanted to take a bite out of him/her, but she didn't make a big fuss and kept walking. Lots of kids were out and we stopped to let everyone get a snuggle in before we continued onward.


The sun was setting as we walked back up the road to the last leg of our walk. I was shocked when another cat dashed out from underneath an RV parked next to the road we were walking on...I got dragged about 5 feet before I got the dogs to settle down. They are getting better about not chasing things, but *if* said 'kitteh' is sitting still. If that same feline wonder is dashing across the road at lightening speed...forget it! Once we reached this one alley Patch became weirdly interested in it. He stood staring down it
for a bit, until I said to him..."Okay Patch...should we go home, or go down the scary Alley Of DOOM!?" Sure enough he turned and we walked onward. The last block we walk down before we turn on the main road back to our street, is the road that a nice man named John lives. John is a late 50 something year old professional jazz musician. He's a friendly out going man. Sometimes when we walk by he just waves, or sometimes he's in his garage playing his guitar, and sometimes...like today he walks down his driveway to
chat. We talked about music, traveling, our dogs, family, and just funny things for about a half hour before we realized how late it was getting. The sun was quickly going down at this point and I still had two more dogs to walk! lol. So we continued onward and turned down the main road back to our street. Patch and Angel sniffed around for a bit. By the time we got
to the last turn in the street it was dark out. We hustled at this point because people take that curve in the road like they are trying out for the Indy 500, and my jacket was black--yeah I know-- :P So we managed to get back home quickly. I got my camera put up, and put on a heavier light colored coat, and then took the little dogs out for a walk. :) It was a nice stroll. I think Patch and Angel had fun. I sure did. I love my neighborhood and all the neat things I see when we walk. So maybe tomorrow I'll take my camera out with the little dogs and see what we see. ha ha.


Jaesus.                                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment