Sunday, August 28, 2011

I'm MELTING!

So I'm beginning to think that summer is never going to end. I like summer, I really do...but holy hell on wheels man, can we PLEASE have a break from over 100 degree temps?! PLEASE?! I've lived in Texas most of my life so I'm pretty used to the scorching heat of an endless "summer", but this is ridiculous. My town has broken so many heat records this summer it would make your head spin. Over 60 straight days of temps over 100 degrees can make anyone batty.

I've not been able to walk my dogs in months. It's just too hot for them. I used to walk them every day at 5pm, but with 2 of them being senior dogs it's just too much. One walk pretty much ended it all when Angel (who is 10), got overheated and we had to take a break in an alley so she could cool off. After that I tried walking in the evening, but after the scary crap that happened to me last year I just couldn't get back out there and do an 'after sunset' walk again.
So here's the story if you don't know already, and some of you do...if you were on Skype last year. If not...here's a scary story for you.
I was out w/my two smaller dogs after walking my two big dogs one night, probably around 10:30pm. I had turned down a street close to my house and there were some cars coming up the street I was on, no big deal. Several passed me, and then one car drove up the street and slowed down, it made me nervous but I figured maybe he was looking for an address so I walked on, a bit on guard. A car pulled up behind him coming onto the same street and the slow moving car drove off to the end of the block, but then took the turn around to come back down the street the opposite way. there is a grass median in the road that separates the oncoming and going traffic. He went around and came back up the street again, the stopped next to me while I was waiting for one of my dogs to finish her business. He rolled down his window and asked me for the time. I thought it was odd because he was in a brand new car, a sports car. Surely he had a dash clock. I fished my cellphone out of my pocket and told him the time, trying not to look at him. Then he thanked me and drove on and turned left at the sign and I thought that was that. Next thing I knew as a turned around at the end of the block and headed back the way I came back home, here he comes again on the other side of the median and he drives past me to the middle of the block, crosses over the grass median and drives passed me again, and turns left again, only to turn BACK onto the street yet again and drive passed me once more to the middle of the block where he crosses over the grass median once more and then parks his car in a little paved area between two houses. He sat there for a while in his car, and I kind of circled around in one area, then walked the opposite direction back to the end of the block.

 I waited and waited, he pulled out, rounded the corner for a 4th time and then reappeared on the opposite side of the street coming up the street to repark in the same spot as before. I held my ground at the end of the block. I was trapped. I had to go passed him to get back on the main road that lead to my street. He then got OUT of his car and slowly started walking towards me. I was instantly freaked out and scared out of my mind. I glanced around for ANY house w/a porch light on, fully ready to run up to a door and bang on it for help. The nearest house w/a light on was too close to this guy, so I grabbed my phone and quickly dialed my best friend, who lives next door to me. Thank goodness they were home. I told her what was going on, and she and her husband jumped into their car and hurried down the end of the block and onto the main road that intersected with the street I was on. As soon as this guys saw headlights coming he disappeared somewhere, and I dashed across the grass median, loaded up the dogs in the back seat and jumped in my friend's car. We drove to the end of the block and took the circle around to go back down the opposite way, then crossed the grass median in the middle and stopped directly behind this guy's car to get a make/model and license plate number before we left and went back to my house. I called the police and they came out to get a statement and the information about his car. The cops searched the neighborhood but the guy took off pretty quickly after we left and they couldn't find him. I did see the car one more time, weeks later while I was again walking my little dogs. Only this time it was in the middle of the day. He saw me, I saw him...he slowed and started, then quickly turned down the street I swore I would never, ever walk down ever again and took off pretty fast. I've never seen him or his car again, but I have his car make, model and license plate memorized. I will never forget it, and never will I walk at night alone again.
So this is why I started to walk during the day, and back to the Texas heat- Since it's been so blistering out, and the dogs cannot handle the long walk in the sun, I have just not walked at all this summer. I am so hoping that it cools off soon so I can start walking them again. It really ticks me off that someone like that guy makes it impossible for me to be free to walk my dogs whenever is best for me, it bothers me so much. Kevin and I have decided that we will stay here in Texas for up to 5 more years (if possible) and then move somewhere that actually HAS 4 seasons. Texas has 4 seasons...and they are Hot, Shitty Hot, My Flesh is Melting off my Bones Hot, and Where the hell did the cold come from. :S i need something a bit more...subtle. :D

Jaesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment