Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Surgery Says...WHaaa?

So last week around 2am I was woken up with HORRIBLE pain in my side. I thought maybe I had a UTI or maybe a kidney infection, or worse...kidney stones! Both my mother and my sister have had kidney stones so I know it's a family history type of thing. So off to the ER Kevin and I went. I was in so much pain i was doubled over and couldn't walk. They had to wheel me into the ER in a wheelchair. They did tests upon tests upon tests. Blood tests, Xrays, pelvic exams (cringe!!), and finally an ultra sound. The doc finally comes in after about four hours and says- Guess what? You have gall stones. Gall stones? UGH! So now I have an appointment on the 4th with a surgeon and I'll have surgery scheduled to have my gall bladder removed. I'm so super thrilled....ugh! :S
But I'm doing okay. Not in much pain. it comes and goes but nothing too bad thank goodness. They wouldn't give me pain meds because if i was in terrible pain they didn't want it masked. they said if my gall bladder ruptures and I'm on pain meds i wont know it. :S gee and then schedule a surgical consult 2 weeks after my ER visit!? that's encouraging. I just hope the 4th comes quickly and this is over with. i feel like i have a ticking time bomb in me! argh!

~Jaesus

No comments:

Post a Comment