Saturday, November 5, 2011

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Halloween was SO awesome! That day was fabulous! Laney and Kyle went to school that morning and Kevin and I started fixing up the yard with our decorations for the night, the lights, the giant grim reaper yard decoration, the tombstones, torches, window zombies, hanging ghosts, etc. so much stuff! i had a blast.
Then I spent that afternoon getting myself ready for it, my makeup and hair and then the kiddos too. We all got dressed up in our costumes and out we headed into the crowded neighborhood full of Buzz Lightyears, Cinderellas, Spidermen, and My Little Ponies.

Of course there were also other pirates, witches, creepy zombies and serial horror flick killers such as Freddie and Jason, and even the occasional dressed up pet dogs...(one a cowboy, one a hotdog, and one a fairy). TONS of kids running around, screaming, laughing, and running from house to house. We had tons of fun walking from house to house and getting Candy. Then we made the long walk back home and passed out our own candy! I cannot WAIT for next year! I love this holiday SO MUCH!!! Next year we're going to be doing the Wizard of Oz theme!! :P I will be Glinda the Good Witch, Laney will be Dorothy of course, Hayden will be the Cowardly Lion, Kyle will be the Scarecrow and Kevin will be either a munchkin or the Tin Man. haha. I might even get a couple of our calmer dogs in on the action, I think perhaps my new puppies can be characters too.

 I would die for a flying monkey costume for dogs! but i haven't found one yet. and of course Lucas (my yorkie) can go as Toto. But we'll see! I also plan to add some moving pieces to our yard decor. Maybe a moving witch or a flying witch or something. I have to do something about the side of the house though. we live right next to this field and have on the other side of our grass a gravel area that separates our yard from the field, and people want to walk UP it thinking it goes to the porch that we are sitting on instead of walking up the driveway. 

 or they walk through my yard (which i hate!)....so i will work out some sort of fencing or taping off, and then lights up the driveway and to my porch walkway to where we are sitting. We'll get it worked out. haha. i might even have signs that say- Candy....THIS WAY ------>. haha. We'll figure it out. Here's to another GREAT Halloween!!!
Jaesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment