Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Lions and Tigers and Darth Pandas?

Our trip to Austin was tons of fun. We did a lot, and visited with family. The kids had a blast. One little trip we made was to one of the malls in Ceder Park. We went to the Build-a-Bear store and the kids got to pick and make their own stuffed animals. :) FUN!!! Brandon even got in on the fun. Laney picked a Hello Kitty doll, and of course dressed her up like a princess. She picked out a cute little purple
and pink dress with matching princess shoes and a cute little Hello Kitty purse. She named her new doll...Kitty of course. She's just too cute. Next she picked a sound to put in her Kitty. You guessed it, a meow sound. And we also put in a heart button that when pressed makes a heartbeat sound. Hayden picked his out next. He looked at each and every choice twice....thought about it very hard and settled on a pink teddy bear. Yes I know some people might have a knee jerk reaction to their little boy picking out a pink...anything....but I honestly wasn't surprised or freaked by it. He likes pink....so what? So the morons that gave me dirty looks for letting my son have a pink teddy bear can just shove it! The bear is adorable. He picked out a UT (University of Texas) basketball uniform, complete w/basketball socks, shoes, and a basket ball. It's just adorable, and Hayden loves his bear. He named his bear
Pinkie. I added the last name McDribble. Pinkie McDribble is the cutest little thing. That bear is SOFT too, and fluffy! The shoes look a bit alien on him...they are huge! Hayden picked out the "I love you" sound and he got a heart inside his bear too. Hayden smiled from ear to ear for hours! Brandon decided to get in on the fun as well and he picked out a panda bear. Brandon of course had to 'cool him out' by picking the Star Wars sound for his panda, and (giggles) dressing him up as Darth Vadar! This is the funniest damn thing I've seen in a
in a long time! It comes complete with Darth Vadar's outfit, cape, and boots...and even a bear sized lightsabar! I mean how adorable is that? The funny thing...that you can't see in the picture is that because it's a panda bear, his ears poking out of the helmet are black, but his tail is white. It's just SO funny pokin' out through the tail hole. ~~In a galaxy far, far away....a Panda rose in the ranks to become the new master of the evil empire. His name was Anakin Skypanda, but he is now known as Darth Panda!~~ [cue Star Wars theme here]. Yes we had TONS of fun. :) I really enjoy hanging out with my family, with my kids, with my hubs. We always have a blast. I hope to go back to Austin again this summer. Next time I want a Build-a-Bear of my own! Maybe a puppy....or a tie-dye bunny with huge floppy ears, or one of their fancy ones like the 'real' looking wolf, or bear, or owl. Who knows! I think a puppy, dressed as a rocker, or a biker! LOL I love that store, and I'll be getting little outfits for the kiddos to change their dolls into and play and make up all kinds of fun stories and adventures! Hope everyone has a great rest-of-spring-break!

Jaesus.

1 comment:

  1. Love Build-a-Bear!

    All of the kids stuffies are too adorable! I'm with Lainey with the Hello Kitty, haha. Although I'd probably do a mix of Laney's and Brandon's with a Darth Hello Kitty! xD

    And nothing wrong with Hayden picking pink. Just means he's gonna be a real man! Probably very romantic. The girls are gonna be all over him! Haha.

    ReplyDelete