Monday, February 21, 2011

CATastrophes and DOGgone-its!


Wow! So today started off easy enough. Some light housework, lunch, a workout, hanging with Kevin and figuring out some financial things that surprised us (we will be able to buy a larger home a year before we thought)...just normal stuff. So when Kevin left for work this afternoon I decided to make a batch of my homemade cupcakes and homemade icing. They turned out yummy. After the clean up it was time to walk my dogs. Just up the street as we began our walk I saw a little Boston Terrier sitting in the driveway of a neighbors house. I figured maybe he was just sitting outside waiting on someone to let him in the house so I walked on. I take two dogs at a time (as most of you know) when I walk, I was probably about 150 yards from the halfway point, when I heard the unmistakable sound of hissing, clawing, growling...ya know..CAT FIGHT! Two cats had a knock down drag out about 15 feet from me and my two biggest dogs. Now (SEGUE ALERT), I'd like to first point out the importance of a quality dog food. One with out fillers, corn, ya know...crap. I personally feed Solid Gold Hund-n-Flocken (it's German- stop snickering), My dogs are 12, 10, 9, and 7...average lifespan for my 12 yr old dog's breed (Catahoula) is 13 yrs. and the vet says he looks like an average 5 year old. -end of segue- So since you know that my dogs are in great health for their ages..you can imagine that little 'ol me had a hard time holding on to two fully grown dogs (at 75lbs and 65lbs respectively) were *so* much fun to hand on to. So there I am -death grip on leashes when one of the cats from the fight (the loser I'm guessing) pops out of the bushes next to us. I freak out, the dogs freak out, the cat freaks out...and then...IT HAPPENED!
The cat runs out in front of me and the dogs, crosses our path and the dogs jerk forward while I'm holding them back for dear life. This cat did this insanely graceful hip-hop-skip-slide across the gravel then onto the curb and dashed across the street (to my horror) into on coming traffic. The cat runs across one lane, then to the second and gets just center enough that when this truck passes the cat is right between the tires and the truck drives forward missing the cat, the cat spins, flips and then rolls (seriously- he ROLLED on his back like freaking Ethan Hunt from mission impossible) and out from under the truck and safely to the other side of the road before the second car crushes him.
It was at that point that I realized I was holding my breath. Kitty-Catastrophe averted, I continued on my way and eventually turned down the street that led me to the turn back home. This street I dread. Every freaking day some little punk-ass kid (I think I've mentioned him before) bothers me when I walk my dogs. I makes ugly gestures at me. He mouths off, and makes obnoxious noises to get the dogs riled up. I finally...after MONTHS had enough. I turned around and yelled at the little jerk to get his mother. She came out and so did a neighbor next door. The neighbor seemed to agree with me about how he behaves. He got an ass whoppin, and I felt amazingly better! I always had horrid anxiety about passing that house. I tried to ignore him for as long as I could, but he got what he deserved. Okay so I went on and I was on the last block before mine when I saw the same little dog from before, the cute little Boston Terrier. He was definitely lost. So I took the big dogs home, went back and got the Boston Terrier, put him in my garage and took his pic then made flyers. I walked the little dogs then and posted the flyers then went home. Tomorrow we'll take the Boston Terrier (that we've 'named' Fogerty) to the vet to check for any Microchips. I hope that
whoever this little guy belongs to calls me soon. He's a sweet little guy. He seems to like little kids (his tail wags when he sees them) but he's a bit skittish around them. I can't have him in the house though because of my own dogs. I don't have an extra room or a crate to put him in. This is another reason why we are trying to move as soon as possible to a bigger home. I'd love to rescue dogs with my sister. She's rescuing when she can, but we could get so much more done if I had more room. We'd love a larger home with two separate fenced areas. One for the kids and our own dogs, and one fenced in area outside and room in the house for fosters or rescues. Well anyways...so my day started normal and ended BUSY! I'm still doing stuff and it's after 10pm already. Now off to get the kiddos tucked in and Fogerty settled for the night in the garage. ugh! Kevin would have to work on a day this crazy. :P
OH! and by-the-way: while I'm thinking about it; I am going to try and end each blog post with a funny pic of my dogs or my kids.

Jaesus. 


Here we have Miss Peggy Sue playing dress up with Laney Jo
                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment