Friday, February 11, 2011

Love that family of mine.

I got a newsletter today. My family's newsletter. Yes, we are "that" kind of family. Always keeping up with each other. Our family reunion is every June. We always get a news letter in February or March highlighting all the things that have happened over the last year. New cousins born, deaths of loved ones, happy stories, fun moves, or hard times. It's always in there. Today I got in the mail our newsletter
written by my dear second cousin Tinker. She said something in this news letter that really touched me a lot. Something that I thought only I noticed, but it's pretty apparent to me now that I have an exceptional family indeed. I love them to pieces and feel so blessed to have them in my life. Tinker writes: "...I witness the abundance of love this family has always had for each other. This is proven every year, and I hope that you have witnessed this at the reunions. Every time you see one of our family members see another member, perhaps for the first time since the last reunion, you will see the same things happen. Always present in the eyes of each one, there is so much emotion of happiness and excitement. The smiles are spread all over their faces and it equals nothing short of pure joy." I fee so lucky that my children will grow up with such a close extended family. I look forward to the many reunions to come and the time I get to spend with my loved ones. This year there are only 3 remaining siblings of the original family of 13 children born to my Great-grandparents Pa Jack and Grandma Josephine). My Great Aunts Ann and Mary Alice, and my Pap Pa are all that are left. We might be Scottish, but we party and love like any huge Italian family! :D

Jaesus.

1 comment:

  1. I am seriously jealous that your family has a newsletter. That's so awesome.

    Also jealous that you're family is so close knit.

    ReplyDelete