Friday, February 4, 2011

Insomniac Nightmare

Snow, rain, ice...yeah they all suck and honestly lend a great hand in setting the scene of what my mood is lately- gloomy! I've had insomnia for the last week. This is starting to get ridiculous. My schedule is completely flip-flopping and on top of it all it's making me overly hungry for no apparent reason. Of course I haven't been indulging, but it's been really hard to resist a good 'ol fashion "midnight snack".
I would much rather be the type that could go to bed early. I've always been a night owl. I'm sure my mother had a hard time dealing with my restlessness as a child. My dad was an insomniac as well. I sometimes wonder if insomnia can be genetic. I'm not really sure...I've never looked it up. lol, I remember one time my ex best friend got me this book that was for insomniacs. It was full of the most BORING topics, a sure fire way to help someone doze off to sleep. Sounded like a great idea. I found it hilariously frustrating when, one night in a full on insomniac lock down, I couldn't go to sleep and I sat in bed to read that book. I actually got through five chapters before I realized that: A) This book isn't all that boring. B) I wasn't the least bit bored or sleepy and C) Thanks to my new book I now knew how cows process proteins. It was a good effort on her part I'll give her that. So, I guess if my blogs aren't a 'daily' event it's more than likely due to insomnia, OR if I end up with five blogs in one day...sometimes I feel like a slug and sometimes like a rabid kangaroo. At any rate, I will now try some melatonin supplements and see if I can get any Zs before 3am.


Jaesus.                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment